As I was driving home from my day job (I’m a PR Manager for a home improvement company) I had an epiphany involving candy and the old idiom “the best things in life aren’t things.” Such sage advice was pouring forth from my muse that I had to do something with my newfound wisdom.
What do we do with new idioms and epiphanies in the digital age? We tweet ’em…
It’s true. Can’t really argue with that. Perhaps non-candy lovers might argue with it…but I’ll never understand why someone wouldn’t love candy. Never.
It got me to thinking of a few more new idioms that have potential to change the world. And by “change the world” I mean “maybe make you smile.” (Add your own in the comments below and I’ll tweet it out this weekend!)
1. It takes two to tango, but one person can look ridiculous too.
2. Actions speak louder than words, but then nobody gets to hear you yell.
3. Clothes don’t make the man unless she’s a woman dressed up like a man, then they kinda do. (Tweet that)
4. One man’s trash is another man’s Craigslist.
5. Borrowed this one from internet sensation (you’ll love her or hate her) Mirandasings…
6. Strike while the iron is hot, sure, but even a strike can be done in the cold if the union is behind it.
7. The pen is mightier than the sword–unless it’s this pen:
8. A bird in the hand is worth poop in your hand.
9. You can’t have your cake and eat it too but I do at almost every wedding.
10. There’s more than one way to skin a cat but they’re all disgusting so you really only need one way. (Tweetable?)
10.5. Yes, two heads are better than one, but two noses would be pretty weird.
Which one is your favorite?
Got a new idiom to share? Add it in the comments below with your @twittername and I’ll tweet them out this weekend with an @mention!