With the new iPad coming out in a few days I’ve heard a voice creeping up from inside me.
It says things like:
- The iPad 3 will help you be more creative.
- You’ll write more if I buy and iPad 3.
- The iPhone and MacBook are just distractions. You can use an iPad 3 just for writing. It’ll help you focus. No, for reals Andrew. It will help. You won’t play Angry Birds, Words with Friends, or The Little Baby Chicken Goes to the Graham Cracker Factory. It will help you be more creative! Buy and iPad 3!!!
I want one. I confess.
But will it really help me at all. Even a bit?
Or am I just at an Apple-sponsored technology buffet?
Pros and Cons
- Cool. If I dress correctly AND have an iPad 3, I might pass as a hipster.
- Less distracting than a laptop.
- Don’t feel I need it.
- More distracting than a laptop.
How would an iPad help a writer? How would it help other creatives such as painters, dancers, actors, musicians and all artists?
So I dug a bit and found this (it’s long but perhaps it could help you decide if the iPad is right for you):
iPad for Creatives?
I’ve not drawn any conclusions just yet, but would really love to hear from other creatives.
- How does an iPad help you create?
- How has it changed your creative process?
- Would you recommend it or not? Why?