1. Do something that scares you…like making pasta from scratch.
2. Visit The Creativity Post. I love this blog.
3. Give away something you made…that you normally don’t give away.
4. Charge for something you normally give away.
5. Read an inspiring book. Here’s a list of my favorites.
6. Ask someone for help–some of us have a hard time reaching out.
7. Fast for a meal, a day or several days–use the “hungry” to create.
8. Indulge: go on an artist date.
9. Make a list. Simple, but effective because you can see what’s in your mind.
10. Promote someone you’re jealous of to break the jealousy curse. (It’s #6 on this list)
11. Spend your money in creative ways. Scotty will give you ideas.
12. Do absolutely nothing for ten minutes. Daydreaming releases ideas.
13. Get off all social networks for a week. Do your art instead. Share what happens.
14. Observe children playing.
15. Watch this video of an amazing painting medium.
16. Volunteer–sometimes we just need to do something for others.
17. Laugh…here’s Call Me Maybe as you’ve never seen it before.
If you’re stuck and need to overcome a creative hurdle, this kindling may be just what you need! (Tweet that to your followers if you like.)
Let me know how it goes–feel free to leave your tips in the comments!