Artists create for multiple reasons.
- Some artists create for their own pleasure.
- Some artists create for others.
- Some artists create for profit, seeking to sell their work.
But there is one artist who creates for all those reasons and a myriad of others–this is the entrepreneurial artist.
1. The entrepreneurial artist embraces obstacles as opportunities.
He knows that each challenge is an opportunity for breakthrough problem solving, leading to greater creativity, greater freedom and potentially greater profit.
2. The entrepreneurial artist fosters an environment of sustainability with his creativity.
She gives freely, charges freely, and shares freely.
3. The entrepreneurial artist believes that what he creates has value.
He knows his worth and therefore his work has worth as well.
4. The entrepreneurial artist believes business is not boring.
She flavors even the most mundane email or social media update with unique zest.
5. The entrepreneurial artist rebrands everything to the positive.
He masters positive spin. Where others would be negative, he always sees a positive (see #1).
6. The entrepreneurial artist serves others. (click here to tweet that)
She is self-confident without arrogance, knowing that any artist entrepreneur ultimately is a servant.
7. The entrepreneurial artist never gives up.
Question: Artists: do you believe you’re an entrepreneur? Entrepreneurs: do you believe you are artists?